Dr. Robert Rohm’s Human Behavior Model
People tend to follow patterns of behavior in many areas of their lives and in many situations. Everyone sees the world differently, depending on their patterns of behavior. There are four personality types, also known as temperaments, that blend to make up each person’s distinct personality style. It is important to understand why you feel, think and act as you do, as well as understand the same of people around you. This understanding provides the basis for effective communication and leadership, and better relationships, whether at the personal level, professional or organizational. The DISC model divides people into four personality types: Dominant (D), Inspiring (I), Supportive (S) and Cautious (C). Those types are interrelated in fascinating ways that make up the great diversity in personalities that we see around us. The workshop focuses on understanding each type, as well as the interrelationships and differences between them, and how to adapt our communication in any situation to suit each of the four types.
This workshop will help you:
- Learn and understand the different personality styles.
- Understand why people behave in a certain way when faced with different situations.
- Increase self-awareness and personal understanding.
- Enhance interaction with people around you and build better relationships.
- Improve teamwork and enhance team performance.
- Enhance communication and, thus, improve leadership ability.
- Enhance likeability.
- Professionals and leaders
- Sales and customer service people
- Companies and organizations
- Community organizations and their leaders
- Individuals seeking improved communication and relationships
Also available as:
- One-day workshop
- Half-day seminar
- 90-Minute Seminar